Is Your Rental Property Rent-Controlled?

Posted on: April 19, 2019 by Castelblanco Law Group, APLC
Photo of Residential Buildings in Los Angeles

In the City of Los Angeles, many residential and apartment buildings are governed by the Rent Stabilization Ordinance of Los Angeles (RSO).  This article will explain some of the important aspects of rent control, and how to find out if your apartment or rental unit qualifies under the RSO. These requirements will help you understand whether you fall under the protection of Los Angeles RSO.

Still not sure? To find out whether your rental property is subject to the RSO, you can call the Los Angeles Housing Department at 866-557-7368.  Other cities also have rent control, including Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Glendale, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, and Berkeley, among others.

Since 1995, attorney Eric Castelblanco has been dedicated to helping tenants understand and assert their rights. For more information about your rights, call 213-388-6004 or visit their website at: The information presented in this column is for educational purposes only. You should seek the advice of an attorney regarding your individual situation.

Contact Us

First Name

Last Name

Email Address

Phone Number